Sad Chronicles from my Cuba experiences


Now that I’ve returned from Cuba I can finally say how sad 😞  I was on this trip and I felt like this sadness I found dictates how I behaved on this trip. I thought I was going to have a memorable experience. However, I didn’t. It felt like a sad case of petrichor. You know that familiar sensation after it’s rained and you can’t help but sniff the wet air afterwards because is so damp. Going to Cuba for me now is pure impulse & I hate it. For me, it’s become a tradition where when I can’t find myself getting through the holidays. I like, literally hate cooking for people and trying to feast and make people believe && pretend to b in good spirits. I just can’t roll with that people for real. I escape to the tropics instead, I am 30  & a mom. I do it regardless wether is winter or rainy season. I’m not spiteful. I just can’t stand the holidays, can’t. Its impossible. I mean that’s sad for me, you know what I mean? It’s easily the worst time of the year for me. Now that I’m here back in Toronto. I got a chance to see everything. Everything has changed, everything. I thought I would go back to the Cuba I love. The one that smells like bananas 🍌 and jam. And fish fingers. Because I grew up in that island. I was able to get a  close look at the new Cyber Cuba and the new generation emerging. To be honest with you, I’d much prefer to be in a Cuba where the revolution rules and this silly idea of the internet and the online marketplace is a big nightmare. I like sand and I love the sea. I don’t think Cubans are enjoying this anymore because the internet world down there is crazy. It doesn’t make any sense. I just wanted to get home. People down there don’t even look at you in your eyes and they were just focused on their phones ☎️. I was a bit tired of that and especially because everything is electronic nowadays, and I’m sick and tired of it. Nobody reads the newspaper with a cup of tea anymore, even young kids are hooked in their rooms. There is no such things as playtime as in the past world I knew. :( P.s I am still counting my mosquito bites, they are countless tiny things)

Comments