Honestly hampering

When you read books, do you actually stop to think if the stuff you are reading is making sense to you? I am one of those people. I stop, so I know that I am not reading pure non-sensical, illogical stuff. It's not that I am mean, I respect the authors and the fact that they are providing us with more than a mere escape. I love reading. I have a deep heart-felt passion for it, and I have vivid memories of my all time fav books in my childhood. I don't care how long it takes me to read a book, I will dig in until I get all of the details and I am fully satiated. When is a good book, and the author deserves it, of course. I can't just put a book down, that's one of my flaws. I am human though and after all, we are all flawed beings. Since we are talking about books, there is a superb story on Alexandria and Diocletian that well, if you allow me I can shed light on this. After capturing Alexandria, Diocletian ordered his soldiers to kill until the blood reached his horses knees. As if on cue, the horse fell, (luckily) staining his knees on blood, and stopped the massacre. (Making the horse look frigging good if you ask me) After Diocletian left, the Alexandrians erected built a statue in the horses honor. I mean, Oh Gosh, I would absolutely build a statue in the horses honor if I could have a whole city massacred and killed because of a horse. What a sudden change of events. I mean I would tell my army of builders, hey guys just throw this statue on the side of the road. Or even better I would hire an expert taxidermist and get him to  build me an exact, living replica of the beast. One that shares the living features of the animal. You know, whatever, the horse saved the city, for gods sake, and all it got was a giant action figure. Now, that's something. It's not far from perfect, but it could certainly be portrayed in film, i think it would bring something to Hollywood a certain lost charm in the industry is lacking these days, maybe with DiCaprio or Bale.

Comments