Tisane

I grew up in a small village in Holguin, Cuba. I remember that when I used to get sick in my childhood my grandma would always like tell me to make a tisane. I used to tell her don't be silly. I was so wrong, because it would actually work, and as soon as I poured over the tea in a mug my sickness would disappear and it would calm my nerves too. I mean she had no need to encourage me to make the tisane but she would every single time I got sick, and it would work over and over again. I remember after drinking this hot beverage I felt like the smooth water from a waterfall trickled down my spine. Everyone loved my grandmas tisanes. Tisane is often thought of as an herbal tea. This is in fact a misnomer as herbal teas are not actually made with real tea. The English word tisane originates from the Greek word ptisan, a drink made from pearl barley. Herbal infusions can be made with fresh or dried flowers, leaves, seeds or roots, generally by pouring boiling water over the plant parts and leaving them and letting them steep for a few minutes. The tee is strained and sweetened if desired.Flavored teas on the other hand are prepared by adding other plants to the actual tea, for example jasmine tea is Chinese tea with jasmine flowers. <3

Comments