Caviar: Fish eggs, Goofy taste or YAY!

Eventually the world will come to a stop, at which point you will ask yourself is it me or is the world ending right now? At this time you will want to try everything. Caviar. What is your type? Beluga Caviar, Snail Caviar or just simply old-fashioned eggs from a fish called the sturgeon. What is it you ask? A delicacy. Even banned in some European countries. In much simpler terms, it's composed of fish eggs stemming for the sturgeon, a fish, duh! So no good. Enticing & appetizing maybe. My Sri-Lankan husband eats caviar at home like a boss. He eats it like it's a popcorn and a movie night. The tradition is that in his family they eat this by the handful, like it's nothing. Couldn't believe it. Why? Well, my friends I have a blog for a reason so I can enlighten you with certain shady topics such as these. Caviar is one of the most distinguished types of foods there are. It is usually the fish from the Caspian sea or the Black sea. It's not, I repeat, it is not your typical freshwater pond in the backyard type of fish. This is a delicacy and is eaten as a garnish or as a spread. When I told my husband Jey this, he was in the utmost shock, his face was like what? He told me right away that they consume this in Sri-Lankan culture on a regular basis. Why is it regarded as such a high thing to consume. I don't see it. Well, it is for some people who still decidedly consume it as part of a tradition or just for the mere enjoyment of it. Pleasurable as it may seem to some, it is not to others, I can't even fathom how the taste of fish eggs would taste like. However in Russia they are famous for its black fish eggs, and were just recently banned from the country. Question remaining is, will you try this? Interesting, eh? <3

Comments