Holy Smokes, I saw an ELK!
I saw an Elk. Holy Smokes, they are remarkable. Specially their fur coat. It meets the demands of the winter months in Canada. The snow can circle on their outer hair without melting. During the harsh winters, these animals must find solace from the cold wind in the American Prairie somewhere right? They are like highly evolved horses. I wouldn't be a happy Elkie if I had to spend a cold winter night isolated from the herd. Anyways, I digress, I love this picture because I thought the Elk's horns gave him some distinction. I love the way he was looking at me. He was hiding in the grasslands as opposed to the Moose we saw later on in the open Prairie. With it's legendary reputation for being Santa's animal for delivering presents. This Elk remained far away from his herd eating grass very swiftly. He showed some versatility while posing for a picture and eating grass. Which I thought was excellent. At the same time he allowed me to get closer while he was grazing, as i...

Comments
Post a Comment