Wild Adventures

   Lake Louise and Banff are supposed to be considered the dynamos in the West. Calgary and Edmonton are one of those provinces whose main attractions rest up in the mountains. Once I got settled in the West, I decided to pay a visit to Banff and Lake Louise. Since I've heard marvelous stories from my friends, domestic and international. I've seen the moose before, but I never knew this large animal was almost considered the national animal in Canada. Along with wolfes and bears. But hey, how dangerous can a Wolfie be? just kidding. I love wolfes, they are so highly intelligent. Specially the stuff you see in those documentaries about the Alpha males leading the pack and covering huge distances in search of food. They can cover 200 km in one single day even travelling through ice and snow. Wolfes can move efficiently even when faced with deep snow. I love Wolfes because they know how to mark their turf and they are fierce defenders of their borders. The dynamic Wolfe howl is known around the world. It has even featured in many Tv shows and Hollywood films. And although they are heavily hostile to humans, looks are very deceiving. For all its ferocity these animal are actually in a very delicate place. the loss of land and the global warming is affecting not only animals but humanity. And it is up to all of us to help preserve our universe. Banff & Lake Louise are those places with such wonder. Its a place of marvel where Mother nature puts up a show. The mountains, they are so majestic that they nearly took my breath away. I will certainly visit again pretty soon. the magnetism of these great rocky formations are like a natural magnet drawing us in from out the cities we dwell in. Here are some photos from our trip to the mountains. Enjoy!


Comments